Monday 8 April 2013

Bookmarks

And now for something completely different. A librarian friend asked me whether it would be possible for me to make gemstone bookmarks. Surprisingly, I hadn't thought of doing bookmarks before, amazing really considering my background is librarianship. I looked into it and realised I could. She wanted girly ones for prizes for reading, a great idea and I was happy to help.

 
These are what I made for her, the gemstones look really pretty with the silver plated copper wire wrapping. I think they qualify as girly. They are £3 each, so if you would like me to make you one then just contact me and I can accomadate you.
 
This got me thinking about how I could make bookmarks. I knew they had to be thin, as to not harm the book you are reading. So I decided to experiment with embroidery thread and macrame. I was very pleased with the results, and you can now buy them from my Etsy shop.
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. These are really cute, I bought my Mum one for Christmas that's similar. At first she wasn't sure what it was, but I've since been to visit and she uses it all the time.
    Kerri
    Fabridashery

    ReplyDelete