Monday 25 March 2013

My First Wedding Fayre

Tabley House
Last Sunday, I finally went to my first wedding fayre at Tabley House, Knutsford. I'd spent that long preparing for it that it seemed strange when the day finally came. My husband and sister volunteered to come along and help me out. It is a good job they did. When we finally found the carpark, it's not that well signposted once you enter the property, we found that the entrance was a lot further away than 50 yards. This meant that I could not carry a lot of my items in, because I'm not supposed to lift heavy objects.
Tabley House again
Tabley House is beautiful, and would be well worth a day out to look around the house. I was pleased when I found out that the majority of the wedding fayre would be held in the library. A stunning room that seemed to fit the day. I managed to get a good spot, and set up.

The day was worthwhile to network with other wedding providers and find out information from them. 'Hi' to those I spoke to, you'll find my twitter link in one of the tabs.

Lots of the brides where still at the beginning of their wedding planning journey. Some did not have a colour scheme yet, whereas others weren't sure about a date. It makes sense that a fayre will help them with ideas. Their excitement was contagious, and I enjoyed talking to everyone of them. There were more grooms around than I had expected, and obviously the brides would not look at my stall when he was with them.

I gave out lots of leaflets and buisness cards. The idea of recycling the wedding tiara into jewellery seemed to go down well, everybody liked the idea.

I believe that as a first wedding fayre for both me and Tabley House,  it was a success. Though I did not make any sales on the day, I am hopeful that those who I chatted to will contact me at a later date.

I've now booked a pre-prom pamper session in May, I've obviously got the fayre bug now.

 
 

 

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning location and fantastic to hear it was a success for everyone - hope the orders come rolling in now!

    ReplyDelete