Tuesday 7 May 2013

The Sun is out at last

Yay, its sunny. And has been sunny for the past few days. The barbecue that has been stuck under the kitchen table for 2 years has now been assembled, and has even been used. Yes, summer is definitely here. I must admit it was kind of a shock to the system. I haven't been concentrating on jewellery making recently because of the weather. I've finally been able to do some gardening, and get all my plants sorted after the winter. Only the carnations didn't survive, so not as bad as I first thought.

I've been making earrings recently. I felt that with the weather being nice I should try summer style pieces, so have used mainly bright colours and shell.

I'm not a big fan of animal print but I think a subtle touch can really help an outfit. Also the giraffe style print is just so unusual. and yes, they were crying out to be made into earrings.

These green prehnite earrings are so subtle and pretty. Again, they were crying out to be made into dainty earrings. I can definitely see them with a posh outfit for a wedding.
 
My final pair of earrings was a new style for me. I think the jasper gives them a really lush appearance. The chain just gives the earrings a touch of elegance.

I have made a bracelet too, because I had some beads left after I had made the bookmarks for the custom order. I've had a lot of great feedback about this piece on Facebook, and it is still available to buy in my Etsy shop. I really enjoy making the wire wrapped memory wire bracelets, and pink is on trend this summer.











No comments:

Post a Comment