Wednesday 19 June 2013

Bracelets and yet more bracelets

I've had a busy time recently.
  • I completed my first tax return, once I'd managed to get all the information it was quite easy.
  • My Folksy shop has now got more items for sale than my Etsy shop.
  • Attended a 'Networking Mums' meeting, even though I'm not a mum. It's a group for ladies in business.
  • I attended a Webinar on marketing run by Folksy.
  • Updated my website with cuff links and rose quartz sterling silver earrings.
  • I've booked a stall for a fair this Saturday.

I decided to make bracelets this week, I enjoy doing macramé and it all started with a custom piece. The customer asked for black waxed cord and multi colour crackled quartz. This was the result.



 After making this bracelet I definitely was on a roll and made many, many more. All can be currently found in my Etsy shop.



I started thinking that I really should make some pocket money items for the fair this Saturday. I decided on Wish bracelets, that I'm making out of jute. The idea behind the Wish bracelet is that you make a wish when you tie it on your wrist, when it falls off your wish may come true. There's 7 beads because that's a lucky number. Apparently, the colours that you use also have meanings. I'm still making more of them, and they will debut at the fair.






No comments:

Post a Comment