Tuesday 12 March 2013

Old Tiaras into New Jewellery


BEFORE - my wedding tiara

 
This week in preparation for Sunday, the wedding fayre at Tabley House, Knutsford, 12pm - 4pm, I have demolished my own wedding tiara. The thought came to me that you can spend an awful lot of money on something you will only really wear once. It's the kind of thing that you don't want to throw out because of the emotional attachment but its just taking up space.

I've decided to offer a service to make your old tiara into beautiful jewellery. It will cost approx. £10 for silver plated copper jewellery, more if sterling silver is required. I would have to see a photograph of your tiara to see if I can recycle the beads on it. Obviously, any bought from me can be recycled.

AFTER - a pretty necklace


AFTER: an elegant pair of earrings


I think they both turned out really well, and I can now wear something that does mean a lot to me. Though it felt a shame to take the tiara apart, it was definately worth it.


3 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I can imagine this will be really popular :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea, it must have been quite scary dismantling your own tiara but the results are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It was a bit odd at first but I knew that I could make something pretty with it.

    ReplyDelete