Monday 4 March 2013

The Vine and other makes

I haven't really made much this week, with one thing or another getting in the way. I am still preparing for the bridal fayre this month. My Etsy shop is involved in a promotion to get people buying British goods on Etsy. Use code  FREEMARCH13 at the checkout for free postage and packing. There's lots of shops taking part in this promotion, and lots of goodies to choose from.


So this week I've tried the Vine technique on a tiara and a hair comb. I think it looks pretty, the side pattern on the tiara really stands out. It uses lots of different real pearls that I had in my stash, I think the different shapes adds something.

The hair comb looks a lot more delicate because I used smaller beads, faux pearls in all different colours. The vine is fiddley to do but I think the results are pretty.


I was in the mood for experimentation, so I tried macrame with ribbon on a tiara. It gives a slightly different look to the standard headband with beads on it. It was tricky to start with but once I got into it, it was ok.

After all this I went for something simple, classic, pearl necklace and earrings. Dark pink pearls and rainbow moonstone went really well together.

 
I haven't put these on Etsy or my Bridal shop yet but hope to this week. If you can't wait please message me.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and I hope your wedding fayre goes well. The vine technique looks incredibly intricate!

    ReplyDelete