Tuesday 27 November 2012

New techniques and first bespoke items

This week I tried a new technique for me, a floating bead jewellery set. I had some flourite nuggets that I really wanted to use, and decided that amethyst nuggets go really well with it. I was so pleased with the result tht I sent it to 'Jewellery Maker TV' 'Wall of Fame'.

They showed the bracelet photo, and I was really pleased with what was said. Especially because Mark, my favourite designer on there was positive about the design. Mark said "Tom and I were looking at this, this morning, we just love the simplicity of it. And Flourite is one of my favourites." Vicki, the presenter commented that it was "gorgeous, beautiful".
 
After that high, I got my first bespoke order on Etsy. A ribbon choker and bracelet set. I'd experimented with ribbon, and how wire could make it look prettier. This design was what came out of my ideas. I had originally used lapis lazuli but the customer requested amethyst. I think they turned out ok, and the customer is very happy with the order.

No comments:

Post a Comment