Tuesday 12 February 2013

Bridal items

This week, I've mostly been concentrating on Bridal Jewellery and Tiaras. I've booked my first Wedding Fayre. It's on March 17th at Tabley House in Knutsford. This is apparantly a really nice old fashioned mansion type house that hosts weddings. Looks very pretty from the photos, and I am looking forward to it.

So I designed two new tiaras this week. The first was supposed to be a 1920s flapper style, but kind of morphed into a vintage Victorian style tiara. It still looks very pretty though, and I am really pleased with how it turned out. Especially seen as I was really worried halfway though making it because it was not 20s enough, just goes to show that you should always finish a piece you start as you may be pleasantly surprised.


 
The 2nd tiara I created used a variety of green beads, and I twirled the twisted wire to give a slightly different look. Instead of using beads on the headband, to finish I used a zig zag piece of silver plated green wire to give the tiara a modern look. I think it worked quite nicely. I call it a green and white tiara, because it is an uncomplicated style.

 
The jewellery I made speaks for itself really. See below for photographs of them.
 
Rainbow Moonstone and White Cultured Pearl Necklace
Rainbow Moonstone and White Cultured Pearl Sterling Silver Earrings
 
Peach Cultured Pearl Gold Plated Sterling Silver Earrings


 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I wish I'd known about sites like Etsy when I got married as I would have loved to have a handmade wedding!

    ReplyDelete