Tuesday 5 February 2013

In with the new

I had a bit of a play this week, trying out a few new techniques and I got a light tent. A lot of people have commented that I needed to improve my photos. So I got a cheap £25 set from Amazon that included 2 lights as well. This does make the difference, unless you're photographing tiaras. For some reason, tiaras look really flat if you use the light tent.

The reason I was re-photographing my tiaras was that I intend to have my own bridal tiara and jewellery website soon. I've been building it on Weebly this week. So watch this space for more news.

I've made 2 bracelets, 2 pairs of earrings and 1 necklace this week. The first bracelet was my attempt to do something for men. When I saw the black and white jasper, I knew this would work, and the chain gives it a more rocker feel. I even managed to persuade my husband to model it.


I then decided to go to the other extreme and do something very pink. And I mean, very pink.
 
My main piece of work though was slightly inspired by a spiragraph. I wanted to do something different with Howlite skulls, and came up with this. I won't lie, this took me a while. I made a coil and used 3 types of wire. I am very pleased with the result and I did make some earrings to go with it.
 
In other news, Jewellery Maker Tv, have showed my blue flower wirework sodalite and white quartzite necklace on their Wall of Fame. Not only that they used it to promote their jig. They said "These beautiful flowers have been made by Angela. Angela Finch. Thank you Angela, we're using your work as a classic example of how to use the jig. And look how regular and how beautifully sized these flowers are. Look at how symmetrical they are. Look how the designs the same to that flower, to that flower. You can get really beautiful designed uniformed sized flowers on an incrediable design like this. Just Gorgeous. Thank you Angela for sending it in."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment