Tuesday 19 February 2013

New Website and Steampunk

This week I to finish building my bridal accessories website. It took a long time to get it exactfinally managed ly how I wanted it. I've put a link to the website in my tabs at the top of this blog, or you can click here to access it.

I wanted it to be clear and simple to follow. I have divided the accessories by colour because when I was a bride I just wanted to find red accessories. I have also added a prom section, for the more unusual colours. A sterling silver section with gemstones seemed appropriate too.

It was suggested that I make some steampunk wedding items on #wedchat on Twitter. You may ask what is steampunk? Think Victorians having our modern technology but their technology is run using clockwork and steam engines. It started as a fiction genre and now is a big design trend. I had planned to make some, but not quite this soon. I researched what else was around and realised that there's not that many pretty steampunk items out there. The first thing I made was a hair comb, I decided on a valve motif to be a bit different.

I then decided to do a tiara with the same look. It turned out a lot prettier than I expected it too.

I thought I may as well do an entire set, so made a cute pair of valve earrings to go with the tiara and hair comb.
 
 
I am happy with the way they all turned out.
 
In other news, the first items that I  made back in October 2012 have now run out on Etsy. I have decided that any jewellery that runs out on Etsy will now be put on Folksy. The good thing about Folksy is that you don't have to register to buy anything on there. So far, some mobile phone charms and necklaces have been added to Folksy. I suspect the list will grow every week.
 


1 comment:

  1. They are absolutely stunning! I especially love the tiara.

    ReplyDelete