Tuesday 29 January 2013

Tiaras and Wirework

It's been a busy week, and I feel that I've been productive.
Yes, I'm now supporting this great charity. It makes dream weddings happen for those with terminal illnesses. A very worthwhile charity, and if my tiaras can help make that happen all the better.

I've made 2 tiaras this week. The first was made because I  wanted to use the roses I've had in my stash for a while and I was very pleased with the result. It looks quite impressive, as you can see.

The 2nd was prompted by a question from a potential customer. Do I do simple headbands? So, I rose to the challenge, and the result is very pretty. I've decided to offer it in any colour that a bride could want, another bespoke headband/tiara. I think it might also work for a prom, or any posh night out.

 
My next challenge was to make a wirework necklace. Previous blogs have shown my first attempts at wire wrapping, and I wanted to learn how to use my jig. I chose flowers because I thought it would look pretty. It was a learning curve, never use 0.6mm wire to do connectors because the item just falls apart. Below is the result, and I've already had a customer express interest in buying it.
 
 
That's all for this week, except we really enjoyed the snow here, it was very pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment